Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Tuesday 18th October - Oh, the waiting!

Ok baby, time to get out of there! Still no sign and we're all getting twitchy. Anyway, life goes on and today is Ollie's swimming lesson day. "Paddle, paddle, paddle, splash, splash, splash", as he says. We drove down to the Leisure Centre and while Ollie swam, Di and I did a spinning class. After this, Di went straight into a "Body Pump" class whilst I did some gym work. Ollie then went to the creche while Tash did a bit of shopping. At about 12.20 I picked up Ollie from creche and took him to the cafe and sat him down with some lunch. He drank a little and ate two mandarins but wasn't really interested in his sandwich. Di and Tash both joined us and we had a coffee while Ollie played in the "soft play area".
The weather is looking much better this week and I recorded the temperatures using a two-sensor thermometer. At 2.00 pm the shade temp. was 23 degrees and in the sun it was 28 degrees. Just about perfect.
We went home where Ollie had his customary nap and we had a light salad lunch. Still no sign of baby! Tash had a midwife appointment and she went off. She returned with nothing to report and went for a nap herself whilst Di and I took Ollie for a walk on the beach. I noticed lots of strange bladder-like objects washed up on the beach. They reminded me of fish swim- bladders. Will later told me that they were the sails of little jellyfish known locally as "Bluebottles". They could sting and local life guards equip themselves with vinegar in the season, to treat swimmers who have been unlucky enough to have a brush with them. After walking along the beach for a while watching the crashing surf and the surfers riding the waves, we crossed to the skate park where we watched sone very proficient skate-boarders and BMX riders who could even turn somersaults. Ollie was enthralled. After we had given Ollie his "ration" of the adjacent playground, we returned home and helped prepare dinner which was prawns with a dip followed by baramundi. I cooked up a fine pesto type sauce for the fish which we ate with brown rice, carrots and green beans. Still no sign of baby. The outside temperature had dropped to 9 degrees by the time we hit the sack just after midnight.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've been reading your blog too much - I dreamt I found out I was pregnant again, and I was quite happy about it.Then at some point, though still asleep (I think maybe in that place between sleep and awakening), I had the realisation "I don't have a uterus anymore, I can't be pregnant!" I was a little disappointed, but at the same time amused at my own daftness. :)

    ReplyDelete