Thursday, 17 November 2011
Friday 11th November - gym and shopping. Arranging " Pelagics".
Friday 11th November Gym and shopping. Arranged pelagic tomorrow!
Nothing much to report today. We went to the gym where Di did a Zumba class and I did my usual arm centred circuit. On the way home we visited the new Aldi store in Umina. It is as expected, much the same as any other Aldi store in the world! Back home, the only departure from the norm was a visit from Will with Angus in tow. They were on their way to see the new house. While doodling on the net I looked up "Pelagics". This is a word from the world of marine biology. It essentially means open ocean and refers to fish which swim in the open water rather than on the bottom. It can also describe a boat trip on the open ocean; one which takes you away from land. I noticed that they ran from Sydney on the second Saturday of the month. I rang and there was availability. It would cost us 110 dollars each for a nine hour trip out to the edge of the continental shelf. We checked the weather forecast and made a snap decision. I phoned them back, arranged to pay cash on board, and got the details of the where and when. We were going tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment