Monday 28th November
A relaxing day. Tash wanted to visit a paint shop in Woy Woy so we took the opportunity to visit our favourite park, the "Pelican Park" between the leisure centre and the town itself. We took some bird food and we had a great time feeding the birds together. Ollie loved throwing bread to the pelicans who deftly caught it with the tip of their massive beaks before chucking back into their throats. I was surprised that they would eat bread. Down the coast about a half a kilometre or so is a fish wholesaler who have a daily show of throwing all their fish trimmings to a large and appreciative flock of pelicans. We've never watched but apparently it happens at 4pm each weekday. After exhausting our supply of bread and bird seed we left the pelicans and some very noisy mallards and retired to a play area where Ollie climbed and where Nanny pushed him on the swings. I saw an odd bird which I photographed and later identified as an odd coloured figbird. Their orbital rings vary a lot in colour apparently. This one was white. It should have been red.
Back home Ollie was ready for bed and I strimmed the back garden.
After lunch we relaxed and then at about 4pm, Di and I took Ollie to Pearl Beach where Ollie and I splashed in the tidal swimming pool and then went rock pooling. Di built sone sand castles with him and I carried on with my pool studies finding some anemones like our jewel anemones back home in Devon and some interesting netted dog whelks. My usual swim in the pool produced no slugs this time.
We drove home via the new house and admired the trusses for the new top storey that had all been fixed into place today. At home I arranged with Will's brother Steve to do some photography for him tomorrow afternoon and also arranged to pick up an eBay sourced tripod at midday.
No comments:
Post a Comment