Thursday, 17 November 2011

Tuesday 15th November - Gym and beach

Tuesday 15th November - Went to gym and beach Natasha wanted to stay at home with Toby today so we took Ollie to the gym. Di booked in for a spin lesson whilst I took Ollie for his swimming class. He was one of a group of three. He did very well and obviously gets on very well with his teacher Tracey. I sat on the poolside and watched with interest  very pleased with his obvious confidence in the water. This is not mirrored by his present attitude to the sea. Over the last week or so he has become very reluctant to paddle in the waves.  Auntie Joanna arrived and did some lengths in the fifty metre pool behind us. She had put her three boys in the creche, which is where I took Ollie at the end of his class. He happily joined Obi, Lu and Anton in the play area. I then did about 45 minutes in the gym. Di had gone straight on into a body balance class. Afterwards, I got Ollie from the creche and we went to the cafe and had a flat white and we shared a slice of banana bread. Di appeared and we went home where Ollie went to bed. In the late afternoon Di and I took Ollie to the beach and sat in the evening sun whilst he played in the sand. We made a face out of the sand adorned with various sea shells and seaweed as eyes and hair. We watched a young surf life savers club activity which involved about twenty youngsters paddling out furiously through the surf on special surf boards. When we came home we babysat. We had agreed that whilst we were here, Tash and Will should have the occasional night off.  So they went out to a new tapas bar in Ettalong whilst we sat and watched a video. Little Toby did not move a muscle the whole time! We therefore had a very restful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment