Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Thursday 3rd November - Pain!

Thursday 3rd November - Incapacitation! My leg is buggered!  I've obviously damaged that ligament quite seriously. There is no swelling and no real pain when I sit still. But moving is a different matter. Walking is hard. Even lying as I am now writing this, I can't bend my knee. Lying on my side is best, producing no sensation at all. Getting up is hard. From a low chair it's nigh on impossible. Walking is a very slow process. Using a stick I can manage and it gets better the longer I stay on my feet. Every time I settle down somewhere, the knee seems to stiffen. So this is how I spent today. I've been nowhere and done nothing except read, eat and watch TV. Dinner was nice and saw the last of the pumpkin roasted and eaten with roasted chicken, roasted onion and brown rice. Of course, this useless old cripple had nothing to do with it. Rest and recuperation is obviously the way forward. Let's see what it's like tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment