Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Wednesday 30th November - R and R, photo editing and possums.

Wednesday 30th November - Where was the rain?

I had been dreading today because the weather forecast was very clear: there was going to be TORRENTIAL rain all day today. Then it was downgraded yesterday to heavy rain. Today they said it would start in the late afternoon. It did. I counted the drops. About three! Not fair! Some folk do actually plan their week around weather forecasts!
Anyway, we pressed on regardless and Di and I took Ollie to play in the Leisure Centre creche whilst she did a yoga class and I happily sat in the cafe for two hours, drinking coffee and playing with my iPad.  You will remember that today was a rest day for me because my stump was as sore as hell and I have to recover before an expensive trip to Sydney tomorrow. Will worked on his accounts and specs at home for most of today.
We returned home at about 1pm and I walked down to the high street with Tash to buy some lunch. The Chinese coffee shop does some awesome pork rolls so we thought we'd give them a try. I watched, fascinated as a lady buttered a large bap, added pork pate, two slices of pork luncheon meat or similar, several slices of roast pork, various types of salad, pieces of chilli, soy sauce, mayo and then managed to get the top on and slide the whole thing into a paper bag. They charge 4 dollars fifty for this delicacy. They are, needless to say, very popular round here. 
During lunch Will spotted a furry beast in the garden and I grabbed a camera to get some half decent shots of a really cute possum in the backyard. He disappeared into the eaves of next doors' shed which is presumably where he lives. Fancy that! A possum there all that time and I never knew!
After lunch, I set-to, editing Steve's photos and at about 3 pm, Tash and Will had finished with their computer and I had access to a proper Photoshop program so I could choose the best shots, crop, straighten, improve contrast, remove offending objects and even people and generally make a mockery of that old adage, "The camera never lies". They went off, Will to work and Tash to the new house leaving me to work on the photos and Di to manage the children. Well, in fact, I did have a couple of cuddle breaks with Toby and a session of catch practice with Ollie in the garden.  I finished at around seven and had dinner with the family but even then I spent several more hours arranging the files, burning discs and writing letters of explanation. Will will deliver the finished project to Steve tomorrow when Di and I will be getting some culture in the National Museum of New South Wales, in Sydney. As I finish this, at around 01.00am on 1st December, the rain is starting to fall at last and is pitter-pattering outside my window. I wonder how our little possum is coping?

No comments:

Post a Comment