Thursday, 17 November 2011

Tuesday 8th November - Gym  At the gym this morning,  I tried some gentle leg exercises. I'm not sure whether this is the right course but I did keep the loads very low. I compensated with a very rigorous arm workout. As well as all the usual arm machines the gym has an arm endurance machine. It's called an upper body ergometer. It has a circular tank full of liquid against which a paddle pushes. You sit and turn the handles with your arms. You can set the resistance and a computer gives the usual information - distance, time, calories etc. I generally do ten minute sessions on this.  Back home, I baby sat Ollie while the girls went to get some essentials from the shops.  After lunch, we relaxed and then went  round to the house in late afternoon evening to see how the work was going.  The rendering was  all done. The pool was clear, but there was still sand to clear from the bottom.  We had fish for dinner today - blue grenadier. I've never had it before and it was a very pleasant flaky fleshed fish like cod.  It was very hot today, reaching  34 degrees in the shade. It started to rain about 6.00 pm.  It was a hot sweaty night. We left the fan on for most of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment